Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #2440 (permalink)
storymilo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
That depends on what you like doing in these sorts of games. The life of a DPSer is occasionally boring (waiting for queue times) but you're not going to be responsible for other people if you do.

As a paladin you're likely wanting to play Retribution, but other folks are almost always going to want you to heal. As a new player, you don't want your main to be forced to heal. Tanks are highly responsible too which paladins can also do.

As I said, a Pure DPS class can wait in longer queues but you won't be forced to do anything but attack. The 4 pures are: Hunters, Rogues, Warlocks, Mage's.

If you're looking for a straight up weapons class, try rogue.
Hm.... paladin actually sounds pretty good. I don't really mind tanking. Maybe I'll make a human paladin for play with friends, and some sort of goblin dps-based class for solo play? They can be all four of those, and I just like the look of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
If you're on your own (I see you are), then I'd recommend hunter. They're great at soloing, a lot of fun to play and can do okay end game dps when played right. Worgens can also be hunters and have a nice +crit racial ability if you think that matters.

When you get feats, go beast master as this spec is best for soloing. Then, when you hit level 30, get a dual spec into marksmanship or survival to do more damage in groups. I'd suggest survival!
I'm actually not going to be on my own, as I have some friends that are starting to play around January. I'll probably be making an alt though which may get more play then my other character, as this group of friends is pretty hard to get together. Even online. I'll definitely consider hunter for that character, though I'm not really a huge fan of pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
We should get a musicbanter group going.
This is an amazing idea.

Thanks for all of the info guys. It's all really helpful.
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote