Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #246 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoaxe View Post
Gotta say, even though your lyrics are heart-felt, I have to relate this to De La Rocha and maybe one of the reasons RATM took so long to write albums...is because after a few songs about raging against society he probably had serious cases of writer's block because his scope of lyrics was so narrow.

Your scope is even more narrow. Your writing skills are good, but I wouldn't limit your focus to just vegetarianism.
Hi teknoaxe,

Thanks again for reading a bit of my thread!

I agree that singing songs just about vegetarianism would be a narrow focus. That is one reason I write *vegan* songs, rather than only *vegetarian* songs.

Veganism, to me, simply means striving to be kind to sentient beings, who include oneself, other humans, and non-human animals. So vegan songs can cover a near limitless range of topics, such as genital cutting, war, hunting, women's rights, and body hair!

Vegetarian songs, in contrast, focus on the topic of eating animals and are a subset of vegan songs.

The difference between veganism and vegetarianism is demonstrated by considering Adolf Hitler. Hitler was vegetarian. He was *not* vegan, although he may actually have had sympathy for livestock animals Adolf Hitler's vegetarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Hitler was not vegan, of course, because he authorized and organized the slaughter of millions of people, especially Jewish people.

HITLER - *NOT* VEGAN!!!

P.S. What I find so sad about Hitler is that he certainly was capable of compassion in many areas of his life. Here he is as a child, below.

I often wonder, do people who commit atrocities usually recognize that they are committing atrocities? Hitler, for example, genuinely felt he was doing a good thing for humanity by killing the "sub-human" members. If killing animals is an atrocity, would we expect a society of people to acknowledge or feel this? Or would people think they are doing a good thing for humanity by killing and eating animals?

HITLER - when he was a child
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 03-13-2013 at 06:36 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote