Music Banter - View Single Post - Badlittlekitten's top 50 indie/alternative tracks of this century so far.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Badlittlekitten
And then there was music

The Ruby Suns - Remember
Sea Lion

A total dirge now then and technically there's better tracks on the Sea Lion album, but its this that cuts the deepest on a personal level. This is a dreamy song about reminiscing on times gone. You see I'm one of those fools that always puts off contacting old friends and feels regretful about it all the same, so lines like "Imagine yourself in a dream, seeing all of your old friends" are like a warm blanket, with the melancholy in Ryan McPhun's voice giving me the most wistful and nostalgic of dreams. The next line, "Imagine yourself far away looking back on what used to be. Life before things had changed into what they are now", is especially poignant, as my parents were in the process of divorce at the time and new living arrangements were coming into effect. This track is made up of two verses with a instrumental passage in between. The "aaahhhh aaahhh" harmonies are lovely, and the lack of a chorus/peak only adds to the feeling of being forlorn.

https://soundcloud.com/bad-little-kittens
My Top 100 LPs
My Top 52 Indie Tracks Of The 21st Century (incomplete)

Last edited by Badlittlekitten; 12-13-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Badlittlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote