Music Banter - View Single Post - Nicki Minaj
Thread: Nicki Minaj
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #83 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitting_Singularity View Post
well, like it or not, this stuff happens all the time in hip-hop and while I disagree with you FaSho, I don't think it makes rap more interesting, I think it's pretty dumb and they should all just get along and have awesome collaberations, I also think that because it happens so much it shouldn't be taken as seriously as you seem to take it, Sugar
I'm not taking it seriously. I made a point about how she was literally being rude and how she was in the wrong... and then you made a point about how her verses are better. As much as I agree with that fact, and as much as I'm sure there is a lot more to this whole argument than meets the eye, it's completely unintelligent and out of place to rebuttal my argument by bringing up an unrelated point. That's all I'm saying about that.
Now, if we're going to talk music, Nicki's verses are a lot better. When looking up the lyrics, I could have used any part of Roman's Revenge as an example. It took me much longer to find a sharp verse or a bite in Lil Kim's.
Do you understand now why I had a hard time debating this? I AGREED with you about the verses, so bringing that point up AGAINST my point, which had nothing to do with the verses... was futile.
I don't give a **** whether it happens all of the time in hip hop. I'm talking about this situation right now, because it was brought up. I know it happens all of the time in hip hop, it happens all of the time everywhere. And there are different circumstances in every situation. Don't try to generalize it.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote