Music Banter - View Single Post - The Slut Debate
Thread: The Slut Debate
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #43 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
The Slut debate goes way back. I think Aristophenes wrote: σκύλες aren' τ **** αλλά σκαπάνες και τεχνάσματα.

The best translation I've seen was from Dr. Snoop when he notated: "bitches ain't **** but hoe's and tricks."

I think theres a large degree of merit in that because it expounds upon Aristotles earlier efforts of "bro's before hoes." What is does is give us the eternal "Why" to the aforementioned direction. But Sluts, it ought to be noted are not simply the female gender. And it would be foolish for us to believe so. I think its summed up smartest by Dr. Jay-Z's

"This is not a hoe in the sense of having a pussy, but a pussy having no god damned sense."

Word.
That was a brilliant post

The pussy with no god damned sense touches on a point which has so far been largely overlooked in this thread, although I haven't scrutinized every post made so far.

Let's just say a slut is someone (male or female) who sleeps around a lot. There can be different reasons for sluttyness. Let's use a slutty girl as example. One reason she may be a slut is because she has control over her sex life and gets what she wants from it. She wants to sleep around and uses her confidence and other assets to get what she wants. The sluttyness is a result of her desires and the strengths that enables her to fulfill them. It's a good kind of sluttyness. However, a different reason could be that she subconciously behaves slutty to please others or is just really easy to persuade into sex, perhaps caused by poor self-esteem or related problems. The sluttyness could then be a result of the girl's weaknesses.

So, whether it's good or bad completely depends.