Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #5201 (permalink)
Queen Boo
From beyooond the graaave

I've had this for a year but I've only been scrobbling steadily since August. Most played artists overall:
Quote:
1 Cows 400
2 Big Black 272
3 Mindless Self Indulgence 225
4 Crystal Castles 224
5 Justice 209
6 Gallows 181
7 At the Drive-In 139
8 The Bronx 120
9 Le Tigre 109
10 Mudhoney 90
11 Kanye West 74
12 Weezer 73
12 Sleigh Bells 73
14 The Black Keys 71
15 Clockcleaner 69
1 Cows 400
I love them, I listen to them everyday. I'll probably have listened to 1000 Cows songs by the time I've been using my last.fm for a year. Cunning Stunts is an album that never lets me down. Its always fresh and I always find something different to love about it.

2 Big Black 272
I've been getting kind of sick of them. I love the songwriting but I feel like the insturmentals are lacking. Probably because I've listened to the same songs over 20 times.....They're great though, I should get into some of Albini's other stuff. Like I just downloaded 1000 Hurts by Shellac because Engine said he liked it.

3 Mindless Self Indulgence 225
I'm not even sure why I have so many. I listen to them when I run sometimes and they only have songs that are like 2 minutes long so I guess thats why I've listened to them so much......:P

4 Crystal Castles 224
I love the Crystal Castles, I never get sick of them. They sound supernatural too, its hard for me to picture human beings making this music. I'd call them experimental or hit-or-miss but they only have like 3 tracks that annoy me.

5 Justice 209
Justice are great, they need to release some more stuff. Catchy like the AIDs but multilayered and interesting.

6 Gallows 181
Great band, I hope they make another album. I feel like they're a little more then screamo, a little more then hardcore. They're angry, they've got the misanthropic lyrics and the vocals but they experiment way more with samples and stuff. On Grey Britain, they had violins, 8 minute tracks and the gravely voiced lead singer harmonizing with somebody who could actually sing (in the classical sense of the word). And it didn't sound pussy at all.

7 At the Drive-In 139
Stupid me. I downloaded their discography and hated it at first. I don't know why I was so deaf before but now I see how flawless it is. I get stuck on one of their tracks and listen to it 6 or 7 times in a row but even ATDI's demo tracks are awesome. I should learn more about emo, I love the genre but I'm kind of ignorant about it.

8 The Bronx 120
I downloaded their first 3 albums in the same week and listened to them a jillion times. I thought they were just the bees knees. They're still pretty good, I just found better.

9 Le Tigre 109
It surprises me that this isn't higher then 109. They're too happy for everyday play I guess. Le Tigre are great. A lot of people hate the whiney, babyvoiced vocals but those people don't matter. Download the self-titled or From the Desk of Mr. Lady. Feminist Sweepstakes is kind of halfassed but its got a good vibe. The worst album they made was This Island. Its gross. I don't think they even tried.

10 Mudhoney 90
Mudhoney albums seem pretty good until I get skullfuckingly bored halfway through. Still a tops band.

11 Kanye West 74
I don't even like him that much, I have no idea how that got to 74. 808s was awesome but I don't think I could handle it steadily.

12 Weezer 73
Half of this is "Say it Ain't So". I just downloaded the Blue Album but I've sort of been told that thats the bulk of "good Weezer" and exploring "eh Weezer" or "shit Weezer" would be a waste of my time.
Don't crawl up my ass though. I'll get to Pinkerton eventually.

12 Sleigh Bells 73
Pitchfork band. IDGAF. They have great hooks and I never get sick of them. I hope they make a great sophomore album.

14 The Black Keys 71
I don't really know how that got to 71. They're good but I kind of consider them dadrock. I just downloaded their latest album, none of the older, indie-ier, less likely to be on an iPod commercial stuff. Catchy like teh AIDs.

15 Clockcleaner 69
lol 69. I can only find the torrent for Babylon Rules but its great, probably my favorite album lyrically. All of the songs are kinda long for punk (which isn't saying much because over two and a half minutes is long for punk) but they feel the perfect length. Even the 7 minute closer track is great. Babylon Rules is not an album with filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret

Last edited by Queen Boo; 12-14-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote