Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #179 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
I know how much it sucks being a poor student and having to borrow to live... and if you're a student in NZ who doesn't qualify for allowance, that places you on the bottom rung of the ladder, even below the voluntary dole bludgers.

I'm in the same boat as I'm also applying for the benefit. I've secured a job but I'll be skint until I can start work in late Jan, especially as I have to pay rent over the summer. Two days ago I looked at my bank account and saw that I had 170 in funds and 220 owing on the c/c so I immediately caught a bus back home in the hope that I'd spend less here... spend less and eat better because I was sick to death of living on bloody jam sandwiches and feeling hungry all the time.

Anyway, you gotta keep on trucking - things can only get better from here
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. I am dead keen to get a job asap. Had an interview this week however nothing to report back yet.

Although it might be expensive to live in America, what is the income differences? Here the average wage I believe is $50,000 pa.

I have been getting >14,000 pa. When you get $160 a week to pay for rent, power ($50 pp), internet (35 pp) and food ($100 pp), it certainly makes things difficult. Luckily through most of my studies I have had part time work. Just got to hang out a little bit longer!!