Music Banter - View Single Post - member bans
Thread: member bans
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 02:30 AM   #213 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I feel this is the most important point about the situation: Dirty made the person feel uncomfortable. He didn't have consent to treat her that way.

I saw Dirty make the verbal joke about the photoshopping in of an object into a person's mouth. If he and the person had been in agreement that this sexualization were humorous for both of them, then this situation would be similar to many on MB. Since there was no such established rapport, I agree Dirty's picture manipulation wasn't appropriate. (I still like Dirty, though; bannings don't mean a person is "bad.")

I've posted my naked David sculpture several times on MB. Since I'm still here, I conclude either people like fine art, or right-track doesn't mind the taunting!
^Spot on VEGAN.
Dirty's ban should serve as a reminder of where the line has been drawn.
There are many remarks around the boards of a sexual nature that are close to the bone, but for the most part these are general comments and not specifically aimed at an individual.
If Dirty assumed the member wouldn't mind and that his behaviour was acceptable to others then he was either mistaken, or just downright thick.

There's a bigger picture than the temp banning of a single member and that is the standard of behaviour expected for this forum. A forum made up of members of all ages. Some still very young.

What's important now is that Dirty and other members realise what those standards are.

I still can't believe his banning seems to be an issue with some people.
It's called moderating.