Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #190 (permalink)
Key

I think (and forgive me if some of this is wrong), that Depression and Suicide are two things that are near impossible to avoid. Most of it depends on how your childhood was, and the affect the people who raised you had on you. Because, there are certain things that will affect a child's mind to start going crazy as they grow up.

Arguing:
Sure, a lot of parents argue about a lot of stupid ****, but when it comes down to it, if you really listen to a lot of the arguments that parents share between each other, a lot of it is really pointless and could have easily been avoided by just apologizing and letting it go. That goes the same for any arguing really.

Divorce:
I know for a fact that a lot of people get heavily affected by this sort of thing. It crushes a child's heart to have to see both the people that brought him or her into this world, suddenly split up with no knowledge as to why or how it happened. Some kids have to live with the "im sure it was my fault" guilt. I've never experienced that, but i'm sure it's nowhere near wonderful.

Spanking/Hitting/Etc
Now, I know that spanking is a part of almost every kids childhood, but I honestly think that it has a big part in why people get depressed. I don't know if this is correct or anything, its strictly opinionated, but I think if a child gets used to being spanked, it tells their mind that they should just get used to being hit. That goes for the people who smack people upside the head, or what have you. I mean...being hit by someone 20 or 30 years older than you could easily have a big impact on how a child sees the world. It could make them think that the world is a nasty place.

After that, the depression would come naturally because they are too afraid to step foot into the world. And with no social contact or anything, that can lead to a multitude of different scenarios.