Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #247 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

^ Hi, Erica. I've been thinking about this post above, and suddenly a bunch of films related to it have come to mind. I don't know why, but at this moment I feel like Remington Steele (remember Pierce Brosnan mentioning movies all the time? ).

When I saw that picture of the motherfu**er par excelence (together with Stalin) as a boy, I thought of Come and See (if you haven't seen it, download it right now!; it's an absolutely essential masterpiece to any cinema lover). There is a fantastic scene in it. I think this is one of those cases in which images worth more than a thousand words. Sublime:

Regarding Hitler and "compassion in many areas of his life", I recommend you another movie: Downfall. Also, there are some footages (even in color) showing Hitler with his two bitches (Eva Braun and Blondi, a German shepherd), friends, children, etc.:

I quoted Schopenhauer at the Animal Cruelty thread:
Quote:
Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.
I must say I totally agree with that statement. But this doesn't mean that someone compassionate to animals is necessarily a good person. As philosophers say, that would be a necessary but not sufficient condition.

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 12-17-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote