Music Banter - View Single Post - Crimes Against Music
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
that's a crime against the english language.

and here's:

Dayvan Cowboy's ANGRY ANGRY Rant On Laptronica

Now, in the electronic scene, you have a lot of greats. Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, Autechre ect.... and they all (maybe not BOC) have used laptops and software at one point to make their music. Hell, Autechre likes to modify software so much that they came up with this weird thing. The IDM greats are definitely an exception, (they've been going on for 10-20 years, so I consider them the greats) because they actually released musically valid albums

Now with FL Studios and other pieces of software that the greats refuse to utilize, we get laptronica. laptronica is where your ****ty myspace bands, your BORING ambient soundscape albums and your sorry attempts at chiptune are made. This is the "NOBODY ****ING CARES" realm. This is where you have christ., Robot Science and your little youtube projects. Honestly, cut it out. IDGAF about your songs and I never will. some people can do it right, but for now, Stop spamming my youtube inbox.
Robot Science...I have wasted a couple of minutes of my life on that one, and I know I will never get them back. Still, I heard it and decided that they were way too late for only thing that would be perfect for them, making music to the early Video Game systems. The tools may be updated, but the sound is seriously stuck with the Commodore 64. 8 Bit may be cute and all to some, especially to those who have just picked up some program and made some noises with it, but to others, it's damn annoying - ESPECIALLY then the music features two chords and a cheesy melody that goes nowhere repeated over and over at different BPMs.

As for the other clip, VHS Head may have possibly named themselves after a main influence in their sound, but it's just as anonymous as all of the Electro 80's B-Flick soundtracks I have suffered through with samples.

The good thing is that they will be pretty much forgotten in quick time. The bad thing is that they are still taking up valuable Web Space.

I also checked out the Math Metal rant, but at least there's some creativity that has a slight possibility of moving to the next step, and that's seriously far more than what I can say about the Chip Sounds.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote