Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Gentle Giant thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

The 10 track comp for the initiate was pieced together by me, Anteater, Comus and Boo Boo. That means there was some compromise and so I'm not 100% pleased with it (I'm sure the others feel the same). For that reason, I pieced together a new for the 10 track mixtape thread and I figure I should advertise it here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Here's a 10 track compilation for newcomers to Gentle Giant It is slightly different from the one in the Official Gentle Giant thread as that was made through some kind of democratic election process between me, Anteater, Comus and Boo Boo. Since I didn't have to compromise this time, I prefer this one!

If you don't know Gentle Giant, they are an english prog band from the 70s that never quite reached the mainstream, but their style has immense influence on other proggers. They were multi-instrumental, did some crazy a-capellas and were generally highly creative with their music. Generally speaking, they have 7 albums which are all considered gems of the genre which is pretty impressive.

Check'em out!

10 Tracks For the Gentle Giant Novice

1. FunnyWays
  2. Nothing At All
  3. Wreck
  4. Black Cat
  5. The Advent Of Panurge
  6. Knots
  7. Prologue
  8. Proclamation
  9. Just the Same
  10. On Reflection

In the songs comment tag you'll find information on which album that song was originally released on.