Music Banter - View Single Post - The 2010 Musicbanter Awards - Nominations Round.
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #156 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Sorry. I didn't remember how it was done in years past and didn't notice the explanation in your other thread. But, honestly, what is the point of doing this way with nominations and everything? I'd love it if someone could explain the advantage because right now it just feels like voting twice for no good reason to me.

I don't see why it would be too late.
It's not too late, if people want it done that way. But given I'm meant to be closing this thread and moving on on Tuesday, it could be a little late to change the rules now?

Before I started I read the discussions between the mods (in the cave) where RT suggested nominations as well as voting, Tore agreed and nobody objected so he started it up. Then I followed the format he used that year and did the same again, implementing a few changes people had suggested.

It seems that initially it was believed that including the nominations round would hopefully make it more fun and create more discussion and interest along the way. Whether it did or not I have no idea as last years was the first I was involved with.

I get the feeling that some members do fill out a list of nominations, then they look through the thread and change them because they voted for somebody that nobody else has. They can see the names that keep getting nominated and so decide that they would rather have their vote affect the result than "waste" it. Personally I dont see why anybody would do this as it's a bit of fun but thats the way I see it.

This way people can do both. And it's still fun, hopefully.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust