Music Banter - View Single Post - Any other anarchists on here?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #45 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmocracy View Post

Why are some people selfish and others kind and generous? If they answer is anything but "A substantial portion of the population is genetically hardwired to be self-interested, and regardless what sort of society they are exposed to, they will act that way" (an idea which has absolutely no evidential basis, and is rather absurd), then anarchism is feasible given the right circumstances.
I think that as global consciousness evolves toward greater enlightenment we will begin to see the manifestation of the circumstances that you're alluding to. I'm very hesitant to throw the label of anarchy on such a situation and I believe part of the problem is that the term to some denotes a kind of dystopian society and for others quite the opposite, a sort of soft communism. I do think that in what you're referring to is a bit of the latter mixed with some pretty heavy idealism. I don't believe that humans are beyond achieving that ideal, but I'm fairly hard pressed to call it anarchy, simply because of the myriad of connotations that the term is already saturated with.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote