Music Banter - View Single Post - Hunting and fishing
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I love fishing, even if I don't catch anything - but I generally do so that's not a problem. I do sea fishing (you have to pay a lot to fish in the rivers) and the south of Norway has a lovely marine culture which is a joy to be a part of. We like to go out in our boats, bring something warm to drink and just chat away while fishing. A minor highlight here is in early summer when great schools of mackerels come to our shores. Then it's easy to get insane amounts of fish, but I try to restrict myself to what I can actually eat or use as I'm not a fan of overtaxing. Mackerel is a great fish on the grill or in the frying pan by the way.

I also sometimes set out crab pots during summer although I figured I'd try setting some out this winter as well just to see how the catch is this time of year. One great thing about the crab pots is that if your fish catch is a bit skimpy, you just turn that into several crabs by putting the fish in the pots. Crab meat goes on white bread with some mayonaise and a squeeze of lemon .. It's lovely

I don't do any hunting myself, but I might like to one day. I have friends who do it and even have a little bit of experience slaughtering reindeer. If I were to hunt, I think I'd like to hunt birds. If I was in the english countryside, I'd like to catch some rabbits, so .. I'd be most interested in small game.