Music Banter - View Single Post - How did you get into a band
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
downwardspiral
Music Addict

i got into dinosaur jr. purely because i loved the name, also because halloween 08, me and my friend dale went to london on the train and he played "blowing it" and i loved it. same with sonic youth on the name front.

got into pixies after hearing where is my mind? at the end of fight club and also hearing u-mass on accepted. also, speaking of accepted, i got into the cure mostly 'cause close to me is played during a scene in that movie, and also because i heard dinosaur jr.'s cover of just like heaven and fell in love.

same with james for meat puppets, got into them after hearing nirvana cover plateau on the unplugged dvd.

got really into deftones and interpol after going the cinema to see house of wax. minerva is played on the opening credits and roland is played during the scene where they're setting up camp, both of them really caught my attention and i went home and downloaded some more of their stuff.

i got into team dresch after listening to a sonic youth bootleg, and kim goes "this is for bikini kill and team dresch" and then played bull in the heather. i wanted to know who team dresch were after this, since they had such an awesome song dedicated to them.

got into jane's addiction cos i remember about 6/7 years ago, i was watching Q and they done a mash up of just because and a song by that r&b singer ashanti? and i thought the guitar was super awesome but for some reason the name of the song didn't come up at the end, so i searched for ages on the internet and finally found the name and then i bought "strays" from music zone and loved it.

i remember going to leeds festival in 2007 and seeing the very end of the nine inch nails set when they closed with "hurt", i'd never listened to them before, i knew the name but i thought they were similar to lamb of god and similar bands for some reason so i steered clear, but i remember this song being the most emotionally driven thing i'd ever seen. gutted i didn't see their full set but i've seen them now which counts i guess, and that's how i got into nin.

downwardspiral is offline   Reply With Quote