Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #2520 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
What is the best class of WoW to start off as, as a noob? I'm thinking either Hunter or Mage...
Classes I liked that I thought were fun and easy to solo with were Hunter and paladin

The hunter is ridiculously easy to play after a while. Any hunter is like a small team. It's a pet class where you tame pets that follow you and fight for you, so in any fight, your pet will do the tanking which means it'll be the one up close to the enemy taking the damage. The hunter will be a little distance away, doing damage and healing their pet. So, you have a tank, healer and damage dealer, all in one character. At the same time it's easy, there's enough going on to keep it interesting so it's a fun class to play in my opinion. In groups, they always fill the basic role of damage dealers.

Paladin is also fun if you like to be up in monsters faces. Since they have healing, they can take quite a bit of beating and they're able to fill all team roles (healer/tank/damage) which may be attractive at some point. However, being a tank/healer in groups when you're a complete newb may be a little more intimidating than simply playing a dps class.