Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pink Floyd Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #335 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by milano View Post
I'm going to say something, and maybe there could either be some light shined onto it or whatever you want to do.

I honestly don't understand the whole Pink Floyd fad. I mean, I understand that they're great and all, but I can't really figure out why. I've tried numerous times to listen to their music, and there's nothing special about it, at least to me.

Maybe there is something i'm missing, I just don't see the "holy crap, these guys are awesome" in them as a lot of people seem to.

I say the same about a lot of bands as well.
They are hardly a fad. Something that been around for almost half a century and still popular as ever doesn't qualify.

And to say theres nothing special is beyond me. There live shows are a sight to behold, most bands aspire to put on half he show these guys do. They have sonically tried more sounds than nearly any other groups out there and still manage to stay in the mainstreams eye to this day. They were one of the first bands to heavily use synths and technology in there music.

It also doesnt hurt there members have an incredible knowledge of songwriting and there individual instruments, and that they have released more albums than most could imagine.

Check your favorite bands influences, chances are that they list PF.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote