Music Banter - View Single Post - The Tao of Music
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Badlittlekitten
And then there was music

A great thing about music is that you can get lost in its ideals and its endless possibility for new ideas, and shut off the world around you. And if a record is charismatic enough and the artist is expressive enough it can rub off on your behaviour, outwardly and mentally. Far example, I could be nervous about going on a date, running over possible disasters that might happen in my head, but then I put on Up the Bracket by the Libertines and hear the shambolic carefree spirit of the album and the way they're cheeky chappie confidence shines through every note, and it's a feeling that I'll try to digest and take with me as it transmits. I'm sure stuff like this happens to most people. There's of course lots more emotions and behaviour that music can inspire. Why does it do this? I don't know, I'm not smart enough to think of any scientific reasons. I'll try to think of stuff to add when I'n not feeling so brain mushed.

https://soundcloud.com/bad-little-kittens
My Top 100 LPs
My Top 52 Indie Tracks Of The 21st Century (incomplete)
Badlittlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote