Music Banter - View Single Post - A creative way to collect and discover more music!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Musikwala
Music Addict

Lightbulb A creative way to collect and discover more music!

I'm new here, so I do not know if this idea has ever been explored at MB.

At another forum I used to post at before, they conduct these competitions where interested forum members make their individual desert island compilations. Then, these members' playlists are pit against one another and the listeners vote for the better playlist by means of a poll. Song files are also uploaded by the contributors so that people can listen and then vote, instead of blindly voting for the list with more known songs. Participants are usually divided into groups of four, just like a World Cup draw. 2 winners come out of each group and the competition carries on in that format until one person wins the whole Desert Island game.

I am not suggesting that we do the exact same thing but how about something similar? The best part about that game was the fun in making these cohesive playlists with all our favourite songs perfectly placed and almost flowing into each other. The worst part about it was the amount of time one had to spend listening to all the other participants' playlists in order to vote fairly. Over there, they have 160 min playlists from about 20 participants or so. That amount of music would take forever to listen to and vote! But maybe we could have 80 or even 60 min playlists from say, 10 people... and then see who has the most well-designed playlist, which could be decided from public voting.

Come to think of it, we don't even have to have a competition. This would simply be a way to share music and expand each other's tastes and music libraries! What do you guys think?
Musikwala is offline   Reply With Quote