Music Banter - View Single Post - Headphones for guitar?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
I don't need to know what speakers you've owned to know the boses aren't good .
And yes of course I've compared them. How else would I know that they don't sound good?

And I'm sorry for sounding like a jackass, so let me put this differently.
There's a lot of speakers way better than Bose (any bose, really), even for smaller amounts of money. Klipsch and Wharfedale have some very nice speakers for less money.

It's not like I try to make you feel bad. I just know my stuff man. Can't help it.
See what guitarbizarre says. Bose is all about marketing.
Indeed they are all about the marketing. That is besides the point. So is Gibson and Fender yet I still swear by there products like many others. My dad owns a similar watted and priced Boston Accoustics set, as well as Polk Audio set. We have tried them all to see which we liked better in the same small room with he same reciever and found the Bose set to have far better clarity even at higher volcumes.

Also with a ****ty receiver that is not made for your speakers they will not sound good. Maybe thats what the problom is?

This argument seems the same as the one I come across when Hardley Davidson is being talked about. They are a company that runs ENTIRELY off brand name and brand recognition. Do I agree with that? No not at all. But do they make fantastic bikes that feel like none other? Yes they do and I will admit that.

Bose speakers sound great. They may be overpriced as your saying (I actually agree with that) but to sit there and blindly say just because they are bose they sound awful is a load a youknowwhat.

Edit: My father also owned the 5 speaker surround sound Bose set and they sounded ****ing epic. Clear as can be at ANY volume. He returned them because he didnt think they were worth the money. He admits though they sound incredible, just not 1200 dollars incredible.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote