Music Banter - View Single Post - Freestyling vs. Writing
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
TheRavenEffect
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
I like Mos Def's freestyles more than his album ish.
Same with me man, but no but for real I didn't believe Eminem's sh-t was really a freestyle until I really analyzed it and when you hear it its just like waaaaaat the f-ck. Dude just has a mind that can keep spitting words the sound alike and somehow he always makes sh-t work out.

There's ways to tell when people are going straight off the dome. Sometimes sh-t don't necessarily rhyme every with every bar but it still keeps the flow or the message going, pointing out things as thei happen is another.

Ya'll know Chris Webby? There's a video of him in a cab and I thought it was all memorized but drives by a stop sign and spits something like "...and I will never stop, not even at an Octagon Sign..." and goes on to rhyme that ish with "Optimus Prime" which he's got a tattoo of... Ridiculous ish.

Also when heads like f-ck up a little or something doesn't really make sense or they choke a bit or lose the flow a little, you know it's a free.

Method Man has a dope one too on Rap City back when they had those freestyle features... man I miss those days.
"I want to be one of those people, be they writers, poets, musicians, who leaves clues for the next generation. The really good people leave clues that help feed the human race. That's my aspiration."
-Julian Casablancas

Last edited by TheRavenEffect; 12-22-2010 at 02:39 AM.
TheRavenEffect is offline   Reply With Quote