Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid musical statements that you can't fathom
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Me: "I like finding obscure albums."
Mom: "Why would you want to listen to failed albums?"

Friend: "Panic at the disco's last album was really close to being like the best thing any 'alternative' band has ever put out. But it seemed like they focused too much on trying to make the lyrics poetic."

Same Friend: "Alternative rock sucks. It's not alternative to anything."
Me: "Right, well when it first emerged it was the alternative to the mainstream at the time. So it was underground for a while until..."
Same Friend: "You can't have a mainstream and an underground. It doesn't work like that."

Me: "I didn't really like that music book you gave me. It didn't even touch on any of the rock music in the 90s."
Same Friend: "That's because the rock music in the 90s was the same as it was in the 80s."
Me: "uh... what about the whole, you know - alternative rock phenomenon?"
Same Friend: "Rock music was already around, so you can't have a phenomenon of something that's already been around! The same 4 piece rock band set up."
Me: "Yeah, but the style had changed and become the most popular form of rock music."
Same Friend: "There was no 'alternative rock' phenomenon. A phenomenon can only take place if it's something new."

My thoughts: "Why do I bother putting up with you?"
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote