Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West : My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #60 (permalink)
BananaPhish
Groupie

Eh, I am currently running through this album again. I've listened to it once already, and I think my first vote was accurate in my taste at least. A good album, though I do not believe I have the type of background in R&B, Hip Hop, alternative rap (whichever genre you choose), to accurately rate it for the masses (i.e. peers).

Power does catch me off guard though with the King Crimson cut, ha...thought my computer was on the fritz at first. I would probably recommend this to a friend with my taste of music, though oddly enough I wouldn't recommend it to someone I know who likes rap...wierd. I think this album transcends what one of my buddies would want to "bump" out of his car, if that makes any sense. Can't really compare it to Nelly - Nelly 5.0 for instance.

I guess I am trying to say this album is a little more serious & musically diverse than I give it credit for, now that I'm listening to it for a second time. Haha...funny by writing this post I've seemed to have changed my mind, and as for the rating, I suppose I would would bump it up to the next tier then. Odd.
BananaPhish is offline   Reply With Quote