Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello Music Banter-ers....
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Anastacia
Groupie

Default Hello Music Banter-ers....

Hello everyone! My name is Anastacia and I am new. Here's the basics:

Stats: I'll be 31 years old next month and I live in Wisconsin. I am a microfilm technician, basically I pull staples and take pictures of paper....nothing too exciting.

Hobbies: Anything music related - I loooooove finding new bands, I get to as many concerts as I can, I sing loudly/constantly/badly, and I play guitar (even more badly, haha!) I spend a completely obscene amount of time daydreaming and then trying to make my real life even half as interesting as the one in my head. I also spend a lot of time on photography. And eating tacos. I love tacos.

Musical Interests: Whew, where to start? I truly believe that there are things to like about all styles of music but I guess the majority of what I listen to is indie and folk type stuff. Some of my favorite bands are Belle & Sebastian, Andrew Bird, anything involving Conor Oberst, I'm currently having a huge Delta Spirit obsession, Arcade Fire, Ben Kweller, Iron & Wine, Cory Chisel (Yay Wisconsin!), Mason Jennings, JBM, Joshua James, Jens Lekman, Darren Hanlon, Wilco, Spoon, Sondre Lerche, Patrick Park, Nick Drake, Radiohead, etc, etc. I'm willing to give a listen to anything really.

Random other stuff: I am very open minded and tend to easily accept others for who they are even when I don't understand or agree with them. I am terribly socially awkward, give me another 5 minutes and I will say something to make myself look like a complete idiot! I have more fun sitting around alone in my house listening to music than I do hanging out with even my best of friends. I make an attempt to live my life with the best of intentions for myself and everyone around me. I try to just send love out into the world and hope that I get some back eventually! People often think I am strange, I contribute this to a tendency for quirkiness and an overactive imagination.

I have an incredible passion for music, to the point that it sometimes negatively affects my life (such as when I took a 4 dollar paycut just so I could have a job where I could listen to my Ipod all day.....yeah.) I wouldn't change it though. I'd rather be happy and poor than miserable and rich! I guess I am here because I don't have anyone in my life that shares my passion for music, and since it's such a huge part of my life, that kinda sucks! I can be a little hesitant at first but once I start to feel more comfortable you won't be able to get me to shut up. So I guess that's it. I look forward to talking with some of you!