Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West : My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #72 (permalink)
Hitting_Singularity
Music Addict

hmm, this is an interesting argument.. I have always thought Kanye should stick to producing and not rapping his own records, that is the main reason I stayed away from him until this album (and Stronger)

I never enjoyed his voice very much (along with Jay-z, lil Wayne, 50 cent and a few others) but I didn't seem to mind his rhymes so much on this album. I love this album for the producing and because it is one of the most creative and progressive album ever so far. I really think it will encourage more mainstream hip-hop artists to become more alternative which I seriously cannot wait until the game looks like that.

As for the lyrics, I will have to pay attention to them more on the next listen. Lyrics are always second to me behind the actual instruments and tune(singing and rhythm in rap count) so even if some of his rhymes are childish, it wouldn't ruin the album for me.

edit: creative flow is one of the things I look for most in rappers

"I'm not saying it should be free; I'm saying it should be free-er. I'm not saying it should be free-er; I'm saying the music should be free."
Hitting_Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote