Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #338 (permalink)
clutnuckle
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotoar View Post
Overrated

Rolling Stones - Simply the most overrated band in history. Their songs are just generally underwritten and repetitive, the albums are padded with filler and their playing is somewhat sloppy.
When has anybody claimed the Stones to be anything more than the exemplification of that kind of 'sloppy' playing? They never 'get claimed' to be more than they actually are (ie. "The Rolling Stones invented world music with those bongo-things in "Sympathy for the Devil"!!!"). I'm not a fan or anything, but all of the credit they get is completely fair. I've rarely seen anybody arbitrarily give the Stones a title they didn't deserve. And they do deserve quite a bit, considering their influence, longevity and whatnot.

Quote:
Yes - I've managed to turn people onto Genesis, Jethro Tull, Camel, Rush and ELP, but for some reason I'm still to succeed with Yes in that department.
Don't see how this kind of thing makes them underrated. Especially on this site.

Quote:
Radiohead - Always mentioned as the artsy choice for nerds like myself but I kinda feel they are more appealing to the mainstream crowd that somewhat feel like they want to be more artsy than they are.
I get you here. I feel sorry for this band; the fundamentalist sect of their fanbase kind of ruin everything.
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote