Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestion : Site Design Change - Musicbanter Needs a Frontpage! Please Read!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #79 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
People who are on here all the time know who the real contributors are. For instance I know you do a ****load for this forum, and did so long before becoming a mod. Im sure other regular members would agree.
Thanks mate

I'm currently in a position where I'm involved myself with work that does get noticed, I think, such as this thread or the prog and fusion album club thread. I did give up on my review journal, though. It was fun to write, but I got the feeling almost noone read it. I'm also guilty of no reading up on everyone's journal and I do more journal lurking than I do posting. It's not that I think people are too lazy, but I think that generally, in order to know whether or not a journal will have a post which you would like to read, you have to go and read it. They're a bit hidden in that forum and finding out if there's anything you want to read in them becomes a little bit of a job, perhaps more than most (including me) bother with. With a front-page, an interesting journal post could be presented to you so that you don't have to seek it out.

I think the same is true for other threads which may not be journals, but that are perhaps review threads or long rants/musings on aspects of the music industry and the like. I think the best way to reward writers on a forum is to have a system that makes his or her work get read and musicbanter doesn't always promote that. Rather than good threads, it promotes participation in active threads as hese get bumped to the top of the forum, the User CP page and the New Posts page. These are often active because they recieve a huge amount of one-liners and litter posts.