Music Banter - View Single Post - Bulldog's Armchair Guide To Elvis Costello
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 04:58 AM   #188 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default I corrected my Typos, dear Mod!

I've been meaning to comment for several weeks on Bulldog's excellent old thread! I hope he comes back to MB and finishes it.

One reason I first looked at this thread is that up until around 2 months ago, I thought Elvis Costello was some crooner from the 40s who had died decades ago. Then I noticed someone on MusicBanter listening to him, and read up a bit and learned...he's ALIVE!!

So far I don't care much for his songs that I've heard, although he has a nice crooner voice...maybe *too* pretty, warbly, and old-fashioned sounding for my tastes. Still, I've been listening to his newest album, National Ransom, to try to decide what I think. I don't like any song on it--too folksy, not rough enough, and lacking punch--except for one that appeals to me a bit because of the playful, light, bouncy melody:

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote