Music Banter - View Single Post - Recording Singing Vocals on a PC - Looking for some straight answers
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 04:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
the_13th
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
K, so we know you need an audio interface with:
- At least 2 inputs sporting XLR (xlr/trs combo connectors are nice too) connectors w/ decent preamps
- 24 bits (24 bit units usually also feature higher samplerate options by default as well)
- Phantom Power
- USB connectivity to PC
- Recording software bundled (which is frequently the case)

Going by that basic list, here are just a couple possible candidates to get a feel for:

M-audio MobilePre mk II
I like what I'm reading on this, I feel a lot more comfortable with what Im reading on this than I did on the Yamaha, and thanks to you guys I now know why.

Quote:
If you're dead set on a Rode, I think their lowest price is around the one you're talking about.
Well the only reason I kept looking at Rode is because they have a good reputation, and seeing as I didnt know what I was looking at I felt it was a good starting point to start asking with, so yeah Im completely open brand wise.

Quote:
MXL 990

MXL 3000

Sterling Audio ST55
Okay so I dont have to spent $300 - $500 to get a microphone, thats a HUGE relief. I must say for $149 the MXL 3000 is very tempting, doesnt look like its available in Aus though but Ill actually ask some local stores, though the site u posted does offer international delivery.

I'm not looking for an industry best, I think that would be a rather silly idea, and from what Im hearing on youtube (poor audio quality aside) the quality of these mics are perfect for what I want. I do some local searching after the new year and maybe ask you opinions on what I come up with...?
the_13th is offline   Reply With Quote