Music Banter - View Single Post - Any other anarchists on here?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #81 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
It is indeed insane to walk where he's driving, so why would you?
It's insane for him to drive where I'm walking or where I might decide to walk. Far too much space is allotted for automobiles. They should also be designed to not go past 5 mph to make it easier for people to avoid. I only have to walk 20 feet from my front door and people are going 40 mph encased in steel and they consider it MY responsibilty to stay out of their way. It's complete lunacy and people only accept it because that's the way it is. There are villages in India, that I travelled to, where if your bus driver hits a pedestrian the villagers will attack and try to kill everyone on the bus. They've been walking in this space for generations and now people are plowing through in killing machines going 60 mph just because they have a stupid inflated sense of how important they are. Their right to quick convenient transportation is worth risking the lives of other people who might be walking where they think they should be driving. I live in an American city but people are up to the same tricks. They're flying through the cities in private cars limiting the areas where I can play checkers, smoke weed, or do whatever else the hell I please without risking my life. That's why it's a trespass. Our systems of streets are like a billion Great Walls of China winding around the world making any activity besides driving useless on all that space. It's so insane it pains me to have to explain it. We only think it's sane at all because it's all we know.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote