Music Banter - View Single Post - What is happening with MB?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 07:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I think the site has improved in many ways since I got here so I don't think that the site may be changing in a negative way overall. Sometimes I look at really old threads and I think "man, that crap would not have happened now". Still, a lot of the people that I like on the site and like to read the posts of have or are disappearing. I'm not sure why this is. Maybe when some people leave, the people who like to read their posts feel more incined to leave and it's just a bit of a snowball effect affecting some members we're currently seeing.

We are getting new members here to "replace" the old. New good members. Just recently, I've noticed the positive presence of Dotoar, MrD00d and Lisnaholic which have all joined up within the last month I believe. I hope they will all become regular contributors on the site.

So, I think it's mostly a problem of friends leaving rather than the whole site going down the drain. That's not to say there are not problems with the site. I think it rewards short litter posts in quick and easy threads like the spam threads way too much while the worthwhile reads don't get noticed often enough, but this is a problem that should be addressed by changing the site design or perhaps community events that rewards good writers etc. rather than bitching at people for not getting involved. These problems have been here all along and are not new, though.