Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #393 (permalink)
Followeroffashion
Groupie

The Beatles were for sure overrated, they overshadowed so many great bands of the era. I think Ray Davies did more for music than the Beatles ever did. Not to say that I don't like the Beatles, they were brilliant, Mccartney was the music and Lennon always had something to say. What I've never liked is how Mccartney was underrated, he put together some rubbish lyrics to his songs but, for me anyway, its the music that he created which makes him great and made the Beatles so popular, + the hair i guess.

Oasis, definitely overrated, and i just don't like them.. probably the latter. Anything by Coldplay, Take That, U2, pretty much anything that Simon Cowell endorses. Kanye West, there is a huge list and I could go on and on but its basically mainstream generic ****e, and .. stuff i don't like.

I find Bob Dylan to be overrated by some people, I think David Bowie was a greater poet than Dylan ever was. (still like dylan though).

Bruce Springsteen, overrated, never accustomed to his music, his singing or.. really anything about him.

Underrated: Jeff Beck, Carlos Santana, Mott the Hoople, Niel Young, The Kinks, Blur, Cat Stevens, or Yusaf Islam more like, The Faces, Joni Mitchell i guess she was underrated until she opened her mouth and those that criticized her ate up their words pretty quickly, Nick Cave and the Bad seeds.
Followeroffashion is offline   Reply With Quote