Music Banter - View Single Post - Alice Cooper
Thread: Alice Cooper
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th View Post
Holy thread ressurection Batman...

If Im going to be a member of the forum then there is no way you wont get me talking about my favourite artist, Alice Cooper. Been lucky enough to see him live twice in the last 6-7 years, it amazed me that at his age he can still put on a show the way he does.

To be the character that he plays, the man that he is in real life, the stories that got told in the early years, it all screams rock and rock every detail of it.

Personally I think I'd have to say "Welcome to my Nightmare" and "Trash" are my favourite albulms but in saying that its very hard for me to find music of his that I dont like. I still get questioned by my christian friends how I could like him, people still believe the storys about the chicken head and stuff. I dunno, it just makes it more fun.

To see that he is finally going in to the hall of fame as well, its about time though in saying that I fail to see how the hall of fame means anything anymore...lol

So theres my rant, honestly believe the man is one of the true greats and even if the style of music is not within your taste I fail to see how anyone to question the bands importance
"Welcome to my Nightmare" is also my favourite Alice album, but his early to mid 70`s period is the stuff of legend. I also love his new-wave period of "Special Forces" and "Zipper Catches Skin" not like albums but I love them.

It all went downhill when he made his big comeback in the late 80`s and started sounding like a menacing version of Bon Jovi. Despite that, I still think "Raise Your Fist and Yell" a great album as he kind of revisits the sound of his classic early 70`s material.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote