Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #8911 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Well bugger me sideways - I actually quite liked this. I liked the update of Freddy K that we're given here, like how he's actually made up to look like a more realistic burn victim, how we're told a lot more about his past (and that way how there's a new slant on his bad guy...ness) than in other Nightmare movies and so on. The acting wasn't bad, the gore was pretty cool, the music was well-chosen and so on. Pretty good as far as horror remakes go, especially considering it comes from the same Platinum Dunes that gave us that dull-as-hell re-hashes of Friday 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the Hitcher.

It's cool how it wasn't exactly a shot-for-shot remake as well and tried to show off a few new tricks, but this worked against it slightly as well. Identical re-shoots of scenes from Wes Craven's original are few and far between, which means some of the better scares from the original got passed over (like that human blender bit for instance).

As such, it's certainly inferior to the original, but I still really enjoyed this.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote