Music Banter - View Single Post - What is happening with MB?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #60 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
perhaps we could make announcements on our own highlighting a certain members journal on a particular week...or something along those lines. I'm still pondering that one, but I'm sure any other member can and would come up with some much better ideas.
This is pretty much spot on the kind of problem solving I'm a fan of which is very easy to do, not just by moderators, but also by our regular members. Before I was modded, I made a competition thread to find the site's best reviewer and it gave all who write reviews a chance to showcase their stuff. I sometimes get the feeling mods are expected to do all that stuff, but regular members can do almost as much as we do. If you need something stickied, just write.

I'll admit I've also become a bit disillusioned since then, but I try not to. If more members (not just mods) thought about what they can do to improve site activity, then we could do a lot. Create an album club in one of the sub-forums, for example one dedicated to country or hip-hop, and you might easily double the activity in that sub-forum.

Let's say every regular thought of one idea for a thread to improve some aspect of the forum, for example the lack of attention to journals or the lack of activity in a sub-forum, then a lot could happen.