Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #593 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Earlier today, there was a film about Moses on the telly and it got me wondering quite a bit as I watched it.

The story of Moses is good, old fashioned christianity. God is a pretty scary deity who kills a whole lot of egyptians, for example through the 7 plagues like killing all egyptian first born children or when the pursuing egyptians are swallowed by the red sea.

Later in the story, Moses gets the ten commandments, one of which is "thou shalt not kill" which seems to me a little contradictory coming from a God that supposedly caused all kinds of suffering a little earlier in the film. What do you christians think about this?

Also, God is very active in this story. If you were not a christian, you would almost have to become one because his direct involvement in the lives of the people in this story is undeniable. It's not a voice in hearts or heads, but real stuff happening physically to people and the world. For example, the Nile's water turns to blood and he splits the red sea. Why is it that God has stopped interacting with people in such a direct way?