Music Banter - View Single Post - What is happening with MB?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

MoonlitSunshine makes the valid point that the number of posts here shows how alive MB is and how many concerned members it has. I`m just a newbie, but it looks healthy enough to me.

I`m not worried about funny threads like "One word" : it`s there for people who want to try it. If not, isn`t there a survival-of-the-fittest process at work that sends unpopular threads to the bottom of the deck ?

As tore says, individual members could post more constructive threads to encourage discussion, which is the way a forum works, no ? The quality of the posts is entirely in the hands of the members. His Prog and Fusion Album Club, for instance, is an excellent format for discussion, with just enough structure to ensure that everyone is on the same page. I`m surprised it`s the only one in MB.

To right-track, who says he has a thankless job, jackhammer and all the other mods, I`d like to say thank you : your efforts may not be commented on, but that doesn`t mean they are not appreciated.
Maybe we should open a "Hug a Mod" thread to counterbalance all the flak that I saw in the "Hate Mail" thread.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote