Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #2590 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

I got a few games for Christmas, all of them good and all of them very different from each other, which is nice...

Mario Kart Wii
How fucking awesome is this game! I haven't played a Mario Kart game since the N64 one back in college and when all is said and done this isn't really all that different—in a good way. The controls, however, are absolutely amazing and make the game a blast to play. A lot of times Wii games that are controlled by tilting the wiimote are temperamental and frustrating to play, but the steering controls on Mario Kart are prefect and extremely intuitive. It problably has the best controls of any wii game I've ever played.

Epic Mickey
Really fun and surprisingly dark for a Disney game. After all these decades it's really pretty hard to make anything involving Mickey Mouse very engaging, but somehow the creators of this game pulled it off. Lots of old, old Disney lore here and a back-to-basics take on the mouse makes it a really fun game to play. And the music is absolutely stunning.

Cursed Mountain
Slow-paced survival horror game that I would never have bought for myself (I had never even heard of it before actually), but it's very good. The low-key pace and moodiness of the whole thing are my favorite things about it.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Another one I would never have bought on my own. I've always been pretty ambivalent about Mortal Kombat, and fighting games in general really, but I'm glad I have this. It's a really fun game to play with someone else. My wife and certainly had a good time kicking the crap out of each other in it over the holidays.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote