Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #615 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
My own personal thoughts I dont beleive are of any significance really. You hit the nail on the head cause most of my answers for the questions at hand were what I was taught through the years. Personally even though I dont have all the answers and have my own questions. I accepct it for what it is. I dont always live by the standards that are a part of acceptable Christian behavior. As you can probally tell from my name. I like to beleive that being good natured and having old fashioned morals and values will get me to heaven. Im not here to put it on anyone else or claim any other belief is wrong. To each their own. Those would be my thoughts.
I understand.
Personally, though, I try to do what's right simply because it has a positive effect on myself and others. I don't view morality and ethics as a price to pay in order to achieve or evade something. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but if I did, I would think there wouldn't be a reward for someone who only has good in his heart due to a fear of eternal punishment, or want of a heavenly prize. There's no integrity there.
Seems to me, the point should be the actions and not the results.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote