Music Banter - View Single Post - Prog Out With Your .. It's Prog Rock Week!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Certif1ed
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Thank you for picking apart everything I wrote.
You're welcome. I enjoy picking apart lengthy discursions, especially about Progressive Rock, and particularly when they paint an inaccurate picture of a genre, which gives the impression that the musicians and fans are completely up their own arses. I do not believe this to be the case, hence my comments.

I won't pick apart your reply, which so completely misses the point that it's just not worth the time - it's the same, generic misunderstandings over and again. It's misinformation that perpetuates this view of Proggers as sad anoraks, and this is what I hope to change.

Let's simplify by saying that your original post paints this generic picture of Prog Rock which isn't very accurate, and I merely corrected the common misconceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotoar View Post
Oh, and punks don't kill prog, ridiculous entries do.
What, specifically, is ridiculous about my post?

I think it's perfectly fair comment.

Yours, however, is patently ridiculous - and rather than some lame insult to a guy whose comments you don't understand - this is merely a statement of truth, as my post did not kill prog = fact.

I have not insulted anyone, so I do not believe that I should be a target for insults.

If this is the case, then I'll have to shrug this place off as having become yet another sad music board full of kiddies who think they have their finger on the pulse, but in reality, know nothing except how to troll.
Certif1ed is offline   Reply With Quote