Music Banter - View Single Post - Respond to a Short MB Questionnaire for all Members! Worth Taking. [Approved by mods]
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Age (Optional): 29

Music preference: Electronic, Alternative, Experimental

How long have you been a member? 1 year, 10 months.

What made you join a music forum? I had always lurked music forums simply to discover new music. General Music forums not only contain a far more diverse collection of tastes than any media source could assemble, they also provide you with more honest and reliable listener perspectives than any publication or magazine. That, coupled with ease of access and an interactive experience was all I needed.

How come you choose MB as your music community over other music communities? I had been active at another more focused music forum previously, and when the owners split up, the rest of the community followed and I left. When I came across this forum, the allure over the last was this broader range of styles and tastes, and the more dynamic community. I inadvertently got comfortable here and now it just feels like home.

How does Music make you feel and what it means to you? It depends on what I'm listening to, but regardless of what they are, the emotions are always positive in the sense that I enjoy having them, whether it's rage, sorrow or rapture. In that regard, music means an emotional reward.

Tell me what makes the MB online forum work for you and keep you coming back for more? The community. It constantly refreshes itself with new and interesting personalities who all have something to offer. And I enjoy doing what I can to help out.

Describe an interesting experience you had on the forum? Heh... video chat with a certain few members one night. I'll stop there.

What have you learned or what will you take away from your experiences here?
I've definitely lost a few musical biases, and gained some others.

Let me know of any other points that you feel might interest me negative/positive about your experiences regarding being involved in a Music forum and its Members, now's your chance?
There can be some cliquey behavior at times, and a tendency for some people to treat their opinions like they're written in the margins of the ten commandments, but at the end of the day we're all just lesser parts of a greater whole and will remain beneficial.

Real Name (Optional): Slackie McFertilecats
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote