Music Banter - View Single Post - Respond to a Short MB Questionnaire for all Members! Worth Taking. [Approved by mods]
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Age (Optional):

Music preference:
Mainly Rock and better pop from the 60's to now, jazz, reggae/ska/dub, alternative music.

How long have you been a member?
Since # Join Date: 11-24-2010

What made you join a music forum?
The love for music and the urge to get to know even more music than I do already

How come you choose MB as your music community over other music communities?
I like forums where there is a lot of social interaction. I also wanted to get to know people from abroad, just to get an idea what life is like outside the Netherlands. I must say it really broadened my horizon already.
First thing I noticed when comparing forums was that I liked the way the genres were organised here. And that people from different genres get along quite well. That's rare!
I also put rockforums.net in my favourites for later review. Never happened.

How does Music make you feel and what it means to you?
Music can really drag me out of the heaviest moments in my life. It really makes life worth living for me now and then. I even choose my friends based on their taste of music. It's not like I don't like them when I don't like their music, but I sure take it in consideration when forming my opinion on someone.

Tell me what makes the MB online forum work for you and keep you coming back for more?
Social interaction, variety of genres, respect for music and members from most members (not all, unfortunately), the fact that people come back regularly. I like to bond a bit. And that's very well possible, here. I immediately felt welcome.

Describe an interesting experience you had on the forum?
It's always hard to choose. I wouldn't so much want to describe an experience. I'd like to point out that there's some rather extraordinary members here. I can't help but be interested in the persons they are and they really make life (the world, society) a bit more interesting for me.

What have you learned or what will you take away from your experiences here?
These are tough questions. I can't really name one thing. I get the idea that some things I read here make me less shallow, make me think just a little bit longer about certain things. I think it's hard for you to make something out of the things I say here. I guess you might want to become a regular member to learn to understand this

Let me know of any other points that you feel might interest me negative/positive about your experiences regarding being involved in a Music forum and its Members, now's your chance?
Well I've been involved in many forums for many years and there's only two forums where I feel at home after a longer period of time. One of them is my own audio based forum. The other one is Musicbanter.
So there shouldn't be much change. Positive things you can read above .
Negative...
Well... I do think though that there's some members who are a bit harsh sometimes. Not just to me, but to a lot of people. And I wouldn't mind if the mods would say something about that every now and then. I know this is the internet, I know this is not real life, but it would be nice if some people realised that they are talking to real people. That's all, really.

Real Name (Optional):
Stijn

Quote:
Thanks for taking part, it is very much appreciated!!!
You're more than welcome.[/QUOTE]