Music Banter - View Single Post - Respond to a Short MB Questionnaire for all Members! Worth Taking. [Approved by mods]
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Age (Optional): 22

Music preference: 90s Rap/Hip Hop

How long have you been a member? Like 3 or 4 months

What made you join a music forum?
-I posted on another music forum for 9 years. The last few years the place basically fell apart and I left there in October and signed up here cause 1) I wanted to discuss music (mainly rap) with other people. and 2) I like being a part of an online community

How come you choose MB as your music community over other music communities?
-I just googled Music Forum and this was the first thing that came up. I signed up, posted for a few weeks, liked the size of the community, so I stayed.

How does Music make you feel and what it means to you?
Music inspires me a lot to make my own music. Music is pretty important to me, but it's probably less important to me than anyone else here. I don't listen to that much music, and I'm not really all that in expanding my tastes too much. But before I sit down to write my own, I always throw on some old rap tunes and it really opens up a lot of creative avenues for me lyrically.

Tell me what makes the MB online forum work for you and keep you coming back for more?
-Really it's just the community here. Good size, good mix of people. A lot of people here don't even like me, but I still come back. I like reading other opinions on stuff, hearing other peoples music, and making posts on different stuff.

Describe an interesting experience you had on the forum?
- I got banned for 2 weeks over Christmas because I photoshopped a clip-art picture of a hot dog in the same picture with a female member here. That was pretty interesting.

What have you learned or what will you take away from your experiences here?
-Nothing really. I mean, i posted on a music forum for like a decade before i signed up here. I already know how forums and online communities work. No discussion here has really changed anything about me. I don't take this forum nearly as serious as a lot of other members. All I really wanna take away from MB is some good discussion and some good laughs.

Let me know of any other points that you feel might interest me negative/positive about your experiences regarding being involved in a Music forum and its Members, now's your chance?
-Being part of an online community is kinda a huge waste of time. You spend so many hours of your life talking to people you'll never meet. Makes me wonder if/how it has hampered my actual social life.

Real Name (Optional):

Last edited by Dirty; 01-06-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote