Music Banter - View Single Post - Respond to a Short MB Questionnaire for all Members! Worth Taking. [Approved by mods]
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #40 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Albeit, I'm hoping that the surveyor will share more information on yourself, and the purpose of the survey. You're being shockingly vague... Makes me feel like a test gerbil.

-------------------------------------

Age (Optional): 24

Music preference: Avant Garde Progressive Rock

How long have you been a member?

1/4 a year

What made you join a music forum?

I was searching for something... I think it was a Zuehl band of some variety. Wasn't Bondage Fruit, or Dun... I forget which one. Any rate, I found it hosted in the Avant Garde forum. Now, it was a dead link, but I looked over the forum a bit, and found that the Avant-Garde forum contained people who actually had knowledge of Avant Garde beyond "DAT A PATTON KNOCKOF!!!", and I signed up. Made a topic about Bondage Fruit, and a few things, slow going, but eventually I started looking at the non-Avant Garde forums, joining in the discussion, and finding myself a regular.

How come you choose MB as your music community over other music communities?

It's the only music community I'm really actively a part of.

How does Music make you feel and what it means to you?

Music is the closest I'll get to zen.

Tell me what makes the MB online forum work for you and keep you coming back for more?

Most of the forums I've been to the past are cluttered with close minded morons when it comes to music. Too many off the "Dur... dats just noizee!!" or "Oh... I like everything... I really only like mindless top 40s garbage, but I'm too afraid of confrontation to admit it" people. They didn't like my ability to debate music, especially since I represented opinions beyond the spoon-fed history of rock n' roll norm. Music Banter seems fairly open to my opinions, and I'll get arguments, and I'll argue back, but it's never personal, or taken that way.

Describe an interesting experience you had on the forum?

Lots of small ones, nothing noteworthy.

What have you learned or what will you take away from your experiences here?

There are good music communities out there. Of people who can take arguments without throwing fits of their favorites being insulted. I've met people who are so uptight about their music that they will take it personally if you criticize. Sad thing is, these are often the people with extremely limited genre tastes, and will never spend the effort to actually listen to things, only whatever fits their self chosen demographic. Music Banter, however, does a great job of keeping an eclectic mix of personalities, and opinions. You basically can see that depending on which subforum you're at, each is a different subcommunity, it's like many many music communities in one.

Let me know of any other points that you feel might interest me negative/positive about your experiences regarding being involved in a Music forum and its Members, now's your chance?

Here they yet people say what they need to say, and don't use gang mentality to intimidate people out of their opinions. I have no negative experiences.

Real Name (Optional):

Cline

Last edited by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra; 01-06-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote