Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #3270 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

I highly doubt N'Zogbia's gonna stay. With any luck Bobby Martinez can convince him to stay at least 'til the summer. Great as he's been, he is replaceable, but if it comes to that I'd much rather it be in the summer transfer window than in the middle of a relegation scrap. I doubt we'll manage to string a few wins together, but the way I see it, we need 6 or 7 more to dodge the drop. The way things are, I really don't know where they're going to come from. On the other hand, if we beat Fulham this weekend (which we really, really have to), there's a chance of us climbing 5 places in the table. As you say, it's far too tight to tell.

As for your mob, it's great to see them doing so well, and I just hope you don't end up falling away to the lower mid-table in the second half of the season, as I've seen a lot of Steve Bruce's teams do (whether it's at Sunderland, Wigan or Birmingham). I've got a funny feeling things'll be different this year though, and you'll really be pushing for that last UEFA Cup spot at least.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote