Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #825 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

I DEFINETLY think the NFL was gunning for Harrison. None of the hits were even really dirty in my opinion. Goodell is seriously brainwashing fans. The same fans who used to cheer for certain hits are now calling those same hits "dirty" cause of the rule changes. There's no place for head hunting (Meriweather's hit on Heap), but it's gone too far. I saw Harrison crush Campbell for the Raiders as he threw the ball and it got intercepted for a TD. And it was called back because of a penalty on Harrison.

THIS is a penalty?? and a fine?? WTF, he is doing HIS JOB.

What's the problem with this hit on Fitzpatrick???

It's bull****. I hate the way the NFL treats QBs now...and regarding helmet to helmet... ok, i CAN see why a penalty on Harrison was called for his hit on Cribbs early in the year. But it's football, and helmets are gonna hit helmets. I don't think it's tough to tell whether a guy is head hunting or going for a tackle and his helmet happens to go into the chin area of someone. It's lightning fast out there, it happens and guys shouldn't be fined for it. I don't care how much they make, $100,000 is a lot of money to anyone.

I really just hate Roger Goodell. Fining guys for how high their socks are and stupid stuff like that. But he's fine with letting Jim Harbaugh interview for the Dolphins job even though they haven't even fired their coach.

I love the rule change of the force-out rule. Now it's clear cut. He either has 2 feet down or he doesn't. Period.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote