Music Banter - View Single Post - College Vs. Pro Sports?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #63 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
I enjoy watching both sports. I think the reason people enjoy college so much is the purity of it. Those guys are just playing for the love of the game mostly. For most they wont make it to the pro's. I prefer professional though. The level of talent is just so evident when you watch. College a little more sloppy and things that work in college football dont work in the pro's. Like the option play for example. That and they are so strict with the celebrating in college. Even worse than the pro's. Not to mention the biased approach on the structure of the divisions. Pac 10, big ten and so on. Theres a double standard when it comes to rules opposing the sec mainly. That Ohio State situation is a joke as far as punishment. Just ask Dez Bryant his take on the deal. I bet he would have some interesting thoughts on that subject.
I like you. Right on with everything you said. The Ohio State ordeal is a JOKE on two levels. First, I'm not down with college athletes having severe penalties for some things. They sold some stuff that they earned. I understand they dont want boosters "buying" the memorabilia for way more than what its worth but jesus christ, these college programs make BANK on the play of these kids, and the kids hardly get anything. Some of them get a scholarship, which is nice, but it doesn't put any extra money in their families pockets. They bust their asses with school and football and most of them dont get a reward for it while the presidents are making a ton of money off them. Secondly, if you are gonna have these rules... enforce them! They get to play in the bowl game? Lol what kind of joke is that.. I know the NCAA just didnt want to see their precious Ohio State get crushed and add to the already embarrassing Big Ten's bowl game performances.

I hate the gimmicks of the college game. By that I mean being able to run three plays out of shotgun all game. QB read every time. Either hand it off or keep it, or sometimes playaction and throw it. I just don't like it, it's a gimmick. I like the NFL cause the talent there is a trillion times what it is in college.

Did you see a guy the other night get penalized for saluting the fans? Lol unbelievable. The kid just scored the biggest TD of his life that he worked his ass off practicing for years to accomplish, and some dip**** ref is gonna penalize his team 15 yards for a 2 second salute. Jesus, these kids are excited.. They just scored! Unless they are doing the ole WWF "suck it" or something then keep the flags in the pocket. Who is it really harming?
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote