Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Lyrics
Thread: Favorite Lyrics
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
northern_angel455
Groupie

Me too, bits and pieces stand out and stick in my mind and/or heart forever.

"Sail on silvergirl/ sail on by/ your time has come to shine/ all your dreams are on their way/ see how they shine/ oh if you need a friend/ I'm sailing right behind" (Simon & Garfunkel, Bridge Over Troubled Water)

"Psychic changes are born in your heart, Entertain/ A nervous breakthrough that makes us the same/ Bless your heart girl/ Kill the pressure it's raining on/ Salty Cheeks/ When you hear the beloved song/ I am with you" (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Parallel Universe)

"That's it sir/ I'm leaving/ The crackle/ Of pigskin/ The dust and/ The screaming/ The yuppies networking/ The panic/ The vomit/ The panic/ The vomit/ God loves his children/ God loves his children yeah" (Radiohead, Paranoid Android)

"Something in the way she moves/ Attracts me like no other lover/ Something in the way she moves me/ I don't wanna leave her now/ You know I believe in how.../ You're asking me will my love grow/ I don't know I don't know/ Stick around now it may show/ I don't know I don't know"
(The Beatles, Something)

"And when she walks/ All the wind blows and the angels sing/ But she'll never notice me" (Bowling for Soup, Girl All the Bad Guys Want)

"Limitless undying love that shines around me like a million suns and calls me on and on across the universe" (The Beatles, Across the Universe)

"I am small but I am strong I'll get it on with you/ If you want me to/ What else can I do/ All the world will take a cue from anything you do/ If you want them to/ What else can they do/ I don't wanna fight I wanna get along with you" (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cabron)

"All in my head/ I'll play dead/ If you want me to/ If you want me" (James, Play Dead)

Every single word of (Eminem, Lose Yourself)
especially "Success is my only motherf*ckin option - failure's not"

Every single word of (Radiohead, Creep) especially
"You're just like an angel/ Your skin makes me cry.../ I wish I was special/ You're so f*ckin' special/ But I'm a creep/ I'm a weirdo/ What the hell'm I doin' here/ I don't belong here/ I don't care if it hurts/ I wanna have control/ I wanna perfect body/ I wanna perfect soul/ I want you to notice/ When I'm not around/ You're so f*ckin' special/ I wish I was special..." (Radiohead, Creep)

Every single word of (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Can't Stop) especially "Your image in the dictionary/ This life is more than ordinary/ Can I get you maybe even three a-these/ Comin' from a-space to teach you bout the Pleiades/ Can't stop the spirits when they need you/ This life is more than just a read-through"

OK, OK, pretty much every lyric ever by them then. I won't bore you with any more.

Those are the ones that have stuck so much I knew them by heart to write them here. (Sorry for any odd mistakes.)
northern_angel455 is offline   Reply With Quote