Music Banter - View Single Post - The future of Music? (big question)
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #42 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

It's not impossible. Just a bit to off of a chance to bank on being the music future. I mean, It's kind of weird to assume a massive shift in politics like that. If the purpose is to inform people of the danger of a future oppression then yes. Yet, feels out of the scope of the argument.

So, I recoil my phrasing of 'realistic scope', and replace it with the more fitting term of 'scope of certainty'. Since, there's no way to truly be certain of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Who says it's just going to be governments that do it?

At the moment there are only 4 record companies that control about 99% of what you hear on radio & tv.

What happens when they become 3, or 2. Or even 1 owned by a Rupert Murdoch type figure?
See, now this I see as a problem. I mean, even with these four record companies, there has been one company controlling all of major music TV markets(Viacom), and I don't know if these 4 record companies are a reference to what's going on with the companies that own the radio station or the companies producing themselves, but both are major issues.

With that said, however, there are tons of listeners who can distinguish for themselves, and will not listen to the radio knowing it's mostly garbage. It's a minority, but it's an audience which exists.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote